Parent Distant Learning Info
The COVID-19 virus has disrupted daily life at many, if not all, levels. Families, work, provision, church, healthcare, child care, travel, entertainment, schooling are some of the areas affected. We don't always know what our students and their families [and us] are experiencing. Life is messy, plates are full, and patience and careful thought may be hard to access. Through it all, may we extend grace and forgiveness freely; it's OK to "let this one go.” During this time of uncertainty, the Crown Point Community School Corporation is committed to and concerned for the health and well-being of your children, our staff, and our community; we are in this together and will work with you to support your children.
Knowing learning from a distance is new to most of us; we will grow, we will get better, we will improve, and we will become more comfortable each day. We may not be perfect right away and there will be some struggles; in the end I hope it will be an incredible learning experience for all of us.
The information that follows is presented to support you and your child in the transition to distance learning.
- Instructional days will be Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week through May 1.
Note: Friday, April 10 is a holiday. Therefore, that day will not be instructional.
- Please check regularly for teacher emails and messages in the Buzz agenda and announcements.
Note: Teachers will email the parent address in RDS. Please check your email in RDS Parent Access and update, if needed.
- Learning goals, activities, and directions will be posted by 8:00 a.m. on instructional days.
- Teachers will be accessible online from 8:00 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday each week. Teachers will notify students if their accessibility changes. On Tuesday and Thursdays, teachers will be responsive to student questions and provide feedback.
- To contact a teacher, use their school email.
- Special education accommodations are provided in the online curriculum. Special education teachers may support students through Buzz and by checking-in and answering questions by email.
The life skills curriculum and accommodations and accessibility tools are available online. Materials may also be emailed or sent by mail (depending on Indiana state guidance).
Special education teachers will be checking-in and answering questions by email.
- English Language Learner accommodations are included in the online curriculum.
- School Counselors are accessible online on M-W-F from 8:00 - 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 - 3:00 p.m., except Friday, April 10 which is a holiday. If accessibility changes, students will be notified. On other weekdays, Counselors will be responsive to student questions, provide feedback, and will post emergency contact information for immediate assistance.