All junior students should plan to participate in the February administration of the ISTEP+. This assessment is state-mandated for all students in the class of 2022. There is no virtual option for ISTEP+ testing, so students must report to the school building to test. Utilizing Wednesdays for testing allows us to maintain physical distancing between students, provide a distraction-free testing environment and minimize the loss of instructional time for students.
- CPHS will administer the Math sections of the ISTEP+ on Wednesday, February 3rd. Students should plan to arrive at their assigned testing room by 7:50. Testing will begin at 8:00.
- CPHS will administer the ELA sections of the ISTEP+ on Wednesday, February 10th. Students should plan to arrive at their assigned testing room by 7:50. Testing will begin at 8:00.
ISTEP Details (Buses, Breakfast/Lunch, Dismissal, Coursework)
- Bus transportation will be available to all junior students on these days. Busses will run their normal high school routes, and students should plan to be picked up at normal times.
- Breakfast (7:35-7:55) and lunch (10:50-11:50) will also be available to all junior students on testing days.
- Students who do not receive extended time on testing and who do not need to utilize bus transportation will be dismissed from testing at approximately 1:40 on both days. Students who choose to take the bus home will be dismissed from the building at 2:37 (regular time).
- Because all junior students are mandated to participate in this testing, students will be excused from their regular coursework on these days