AP Exam Registration Information
Attention AP Students and Parents:
Any student taking an AP exam will need to register for their test. All registration will be completed in the first weeks of school. Below is some information about the registration process:
Advanced Placement Exam Registration and Payment:
AP teachers will complete the process of enrolling and registering our AP students (both in-person and virtual students) for their AP exams within the first few weeks of school. Please be aware that some of these exams carry a financial responsibility. Please review the attached letter for an explanation of costs specific to each AP course. Our goal is to register all students for their exams as soon as possible. While we are starting the registration process now, please be aware that payment for AP exams will not be due until the spring of 2021. In the spring of 2021, we will ask parents to submit payment through RDS Parent Access. If you have any questions about AP exam costs or payments, please reach out to Vince Bauters (firstname.lastname@example.org)
AP Registration Notes:
- Every student needs an AP / College Board Account in order to "Log In" and register.
- Any student experiencing trouble with their account can reach out to Mr. Vince Bauters (email@example.com)
- AP Teachers will register their students for their exam using a unique join code that the teachers provide to the students.
- Once students log into their account and enter their join code from their teacher - they are registered for the exam.
- Students will be registering themselves for their exam.
- Please talk to your student about their AP Exams and inquire about any cost for the exam.
- There is no paper work to complete for registration.
Our school will be finished with the registration process by October 4th.
Any student in a second semester course will not need to worry about registering for an exam until the second semster starts. Once the new semester starts, these students will register with their second semester teacher starting in January.
Payments will be processed in the same way that they have been processed in years past. Payments will be processed through RDS starting in 2021.
Any student in an AP Class is expected to register for the exam. Most exams are paid for by the state and other funding. If a student is against taking their AP exam they should communicate with their AP teacher and their principal.
AP Tests that are paid for:
- AP Literature and Composition
- AP Language and Composition
- All AP Science Classes (Chemistry, Physics, Biology)
- All AP Math Classes (Calculus AB and BC)
- Computer Science
- AP Seminar
- AP Research
Any student with free or reduced lunch will have their AP test paid for them.
AP Exams that Carry a Financial Responsibility for Families:
- AP Art History
- AP Art and Design
- AP French Language and Culture
- AP German Langauge and Culture
- AP Spanish Language and Culture
- AP Latin
- AP Human Geography
- AP Microeconomics
- AP Psychology
- AP US Government and Politics
- AP US History
If your student is enrolled in one of the (red) classes above, then there will be an exam fee that will need to be paid. Learn more about exam fee bearing classes by reading this attached letter.
If you have any questions please contact Mr. Vince Bauters by email: firstname.lastname@example.org