Skip To Main Content

New Students

Welcome to CPCSC!

Any NEW student to the district can pre-register beginning on July 23, 2021 at 9am.

Any student who pre-registers after Wednesday, August 4, 2021 will not receive transportation services until Tuesday, August 24, 2021.            

Elementary and middle schools:  Once pre-registered, all new elementary students will receive a letter with instructions on how to finalize registration. Middle school students will receive a call to set a scheduling appointment. 

Crown Point High School: High school students new to the district may register at Crown Point High School throughout the summer months on Mondays beginning on June 14, 2021. An appointment is required. Call 219-663-4885, extension 11028.  Please note there will be no registrations on July 5, 2021.

For more information, please call Sheri Lautzenheiser at 219-663-3371.


Pre-register your new student here.

This is for preschool and kindergarten through 8th grade students who are new or who did not pre-register in the spring.

If you have already pre-registered, you will complete the final registration next week.


The online pre-registration process must be done in a single sitting. It does not allow you to save your information and return at a later time.

Before you begin, you will need electronic copies of the documents listed below. They can be scanned or photographed copies, but they must be clear and easy to read. You may be asked to also provide the physical documents to your child’s school at a later date.

  • Child’s certified birth certificate (not hospital certificate)
  • Child’s immunization record
  • Child’s social security card
  • Valid driver’s license or state photo ID with current address
  • Two documents from the following are required to prove residency: utility bills (NIPSCO, water), property deed or mortgage statement, or Lake County Tax Bill


Crown Point Community School Corporation does not offer enrollment for students outside our district.

If you are unsure whether you live within the CPCSC boundaries, you can check your address using our eligibility tool.