Birth to School Program
Welcome! Birth to School (BtS) is a CPCSC program designed to support caregivers and their children ages birth-5 who live in our school district. We hope you'll join us this year!
The majority of Birth to School programs are available to families who live in the Timothy Ball, MacArthur, or Solon Elementary boundaries. These programs are for children ages 0-5 years.
Our Kindergarten Readiness program is available to ANY family with a child who will enter Kindergarten next year and lives in the boundaries of any CPCSC elementary school.
- Infants and Toddlers "Baby" (ages 0-2): A 45-minute program for children ages 0-2 along with their caregivers. Fun developmental activities are provided that encourage sensory exploration and early learning in a safe environment.
- Preschoolers "Mini" (ages 3-5): A 75-minute program for children ages 3-5 along with their caregivers. This time includes story/circle time, various learning stations, and art activities.
- Learn Through Play (previously "playgroup") (ages 0-5): An evening program for children ages 0-5 along with their caregivers. This extended-time (120-minutes) group allows families to “come when you can; leave when you need to” and participate in developmentally appropriate & thematic activity stations, which provide a variety of hands-on learning experiences through play.
- Music and Movement (ages 0-5): A 45- minute program for children ages 0-2 ("Baby") along with their caregivers and a 60-minute program for children ages 3-5 ("Mini") along with their caregivers, bi-monthly. This time includes singing, dancing, and playing instruments as well as movement activities that build fine and gross motor skills, encourage listening, and help develop turn-taking and social skills.
- Caregiver Café (ages0-5): A 60-minute time for caregivers to unwind with a snack and chat with other caregivers; while the children have playtime with peers. This time will be provided to share resources others use within the community and to get information on a variety of child development topics.
- Kindergarten Readiness Series (ages 4-5): A 60-minute learning session for children entering kindergarten the following school yea, alongside their caregivers. Each session includes fun learning activities in various subjects to help children and caregivers prepare for kindergarten and meet future classmates.
Dana Coventry, CP Birth to School Liaison, email@example.com
Nicole Yankauskas, CP Birth to School Liaison, firstname.lastname@example.org
All CPCSC families can connect with the CP BtS Kindergarten Readiness "class" with https://www.remind.com/join/cpbtskr; or text 81010 to @cpbtskr from your phone. If you already have the Remind app, you can join the CP BtS Kindergarten Readiness with class code "cpbtskr".
To find out if you qualify or to refer someone to the infant safe sleep program call Carol at 219.736.4955 x108 or email email@example.com.