“I have learned more than I could have ever imagined. From the financials to watching all of the construction, seeing all the moving pieces it takes to make it all happen has been extremely eye opening. I think this is a fantastic opportunity for community members!”- Kate Rios, CP parent and ambassador
The CPCSC Ambassador Program is a seven-session behind-the-scenes look at our district. It is open to residents in the CPCSC boundaries who would like to learn more about our schools and what we do. Topics include finances, operations, curriculum and instruction, and student services.
We ask that ambassadors commit to at least five of the seven sessions (see topics below). Our staff and students help prepare these experiences, and it is important that they have the chance to share their hard work with you.
All experiences are during the school day and are held in the mornings for a two-hour span(we also have breakfast!).
Please plan to attend the April 2024 board meeting to be recognized as an ambassador of the district!
Ambassadors are encouraged to become active attendees of district events in order to get to know our community of students, staff, and families. They will receive passes/tickets to a few extracurricular events, plays, or athletic games throughout the year.
Ambassadors are guests in our buildings and in our classrooms. They are required to follow all safety protocols. They cannot take photos of students or staff during their visit, and they must complete a background check.
Community members who are interested in joining the program must complete an application which is available each year in late July.
SAMPLE AMBASSADOR SESSION: INSTRUCTIONAL TECHNOLOGY
- Breakfast and networking with other ambassadors and the administrative team.
- Instructional specialists demonstrate ways technology is used in classrooms. Ambassadors are divided into three groups to see how technology enhances instruction but never replaces a teacher.
- Hands-on opportunities include using a Chromebook, navigating Buzz, using an interactive panel, and playing a round of Blooket.
- Participants reflect and discuss the role of technology in the classroom during Q&A.
- Ambassadors tour some of the industrial technology classrooms at CPHS. The automotive, engineering, construction, and machining classes use a variety of technical tools that prepare students for future careers.
- Students demonstrate tech for the ambassadors, and teachers provide an overview of courses.