November 14, 2019
Hello, this is Mr. Rodriguez calling with some information from The Colonel:
- Winter safety is relevant even though we are still in the Fall season. We encourage all students to wear appropriate clothing based on the weather conditions. With that in mind, it is always wise for appropriate foot wear to be considered on slippery surfaces and hats and gloves for wintery conditions. The conditions also have an influence on arrival and dismissal times as we encourage everyone to take their time walking to and from the building.
- Friday Fierce classes will continue to focus on tolerance. Students will participate in a class discussion regarding biases and will record journal entries.
- 6th graders have CASS ton Friday. CPHS mentors will coordinate activities identifying characteristics and stereotypes of aggressors and the role of bystanders.
-The Craft and Vendor Fair is this Saturday, November 16th from 9:00 – 3:00.
-For updated PTA info and events, please join the PTA Facebook page. It is PTA Group for Wheeler Middle School in CP.
-Builders Club is doing a Chick-fil-A fundraiser to raise funds to do service projects around the community and inside our school. If someone would like to order a tray of nuggets and a sauce for $29, they can fill out an order form and send it to the Wheeler office or contact Jill Vagner at 219-663-2173, ext. 13245, to place an order by November 20th. The pick-up of trays will be December 4th in the Community Room from 4-5pm. Order forms can be picked up in the Main Office.
-The Builders Club is also partnering with Cafe Fresco’s “Community Love” to give the people in our community a Thanksgiving dinner. Please bring in canned food from now until Wednesday, November 20th so we can give people in our community a chance for a great Thanksgiving. Please bring all of your canned goods to Mrs. Vagner’s room, B215! Please help out with our school and community!
-We are also collecting PopTabs for the Ronald McDonald House until December 18, 2019, Strack and VanTil Receipts until March of 2020 and old markers until June of 2020. Please stop by Mrs. Vagner’s room any time to drop these items off.
Fall Play- Tickets are still available for the Drama Club’s fall dinner theatre “The Treasure of Shiver River.” The show is Friday, November 22nd in the Col. John Wheeler Auditeria with dinner served at 6:30 pm. Tickets are available only in advance and until November 14th. Please use the link below.
National Junior Honor Society
National Junior Honor Society is still collecting hygiene products such as: deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, soap, body wash, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and etc. for the Department of Family Services. These products are in great need for children that are in difficult situations. NJHS is focusing this year on meeting the needs of children within our direct community. Please bring products to Mrs. Maas in C219 or Mrs. Croell in B115. Thank you for participating in this worthy cause.
- November 19th- PTA Meeting (6:00pm Community Room)
- November 22nd - Fall Play
- November 28th and 29th – Thanksgiving Break
- December 21st – January 5th – Winter Break
Fireside Chat- Principal’s message to students every Friday.
November 14, 2019
“Most of our students display gratitude on a daily basis and take pride in our clean school. Keep up the good work and maintain our facility. If you notice trash in the hallway, pick it up. If you see someone writing on a locker, wall, or stall, tell an adult. We are proud of our school and appreciate all that we have. Today’s fireside chat is about kindness again. Kindness is being genuinely kind to anyone and everyone. It assumes that all people deserve kindness no matter the differences, viewpoints, or cultures. Kind people celebrate others and serve when there is a need. Kindness looks out for the well-being of others and shows courtesy and benevolence to anyone. Kind people do not display animosity, ill will, or envy towards others. Goodness is the true desire to help others and does not entertain action against others. Goodness is choosing to do the right thing and challenge other people to do the same. People who display goodness, look to do good, are honest, moral, honorable, virtuous, and full of integrity. Good people don’t just do the right thing; they make things right. I hope we are all working towards kindness and being a good person. Let’s have a great Friday. As always, let’s make it a great day to be a bulldog!”
Website – Please visit our school website for further information.
Thanks for listening and as always, make it a great day to be a Bulldog!
Jacob Rodriguez, Principal
Col. John Wheeler Middle School