Greetings from Crown Point High School! Here are some final reminders as we head into the summer months.
Thank you to all of our CPHS parents and families for helping us navigate the 2020-21 school year and for your support of our students and school. In an unusual year, there were many positives and stories of accomplishment and achievement with our students. We can’t say enough about our students and how proud we are of all of them. CPHS appreciates all that our parents, families, and community do for our school. We are looking forward to the all of the possibilities that a new year will bring and we will be excited to welcome everyone back in the fall. CPHS wishes all of our parents and families a wonderful summer. Our first Monday call of the 2021-22 school year will be on Monday, August 2nd.
- Our graduation ceremony will be Thursday, June 3rd at 6 p.m. in Bulldog Stadium. For a link to the livestream broadcast, please visit our website at https://www.cps.k12.in.us/CPHS. On the right side of the page, under Headlines, you will see the heading “Class of 2021 Graduation.” Click on that heading to find the livestream link.
Senior Parents – Graduation
- CPHS will send our senior parents one last graduation email tomorrow (Wednesday, June 2nd).
Dual Credit 2021-22
- If your student is taking a dual credit course during the 2021-22 school year, it is time to enroll with our university partners. Attached to this email you will find a document with directions regarding the enrollment process for the following university partners:
- Purdue Northwest
- Indiana University
- Ivy Tech
Summer School 2021
- Summer school will begin on Monday, June 7th. Please see the attached summer school brochure for details. If you have questions about summer school, please email Vince Bauters at email@example.com.
- Course offerings for summer school will include:
- Freshman Engage (incoming 9th graders)
- Physical Education
- Online Health, Government, and Economics
- Credit Recovery
- Careers (for incoming seniors taking internship in 2021-22)
- Restart/Remediation Courses
- Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, English 9, English 10, and Chemistry Lab
Online Courses – Summer School
- CPHS is offering three fully online courses during Summer School: Online Health, Online American Government, and Online Economics. Those courses are available for all students who will be in grades 10, 11, or 12 in 2021-2022. Registration has now closed, and courses should be showing up on the RDS schedule. If a desired course is not showing up in RDS, please contact your counselor. Courses will not show up in Buzz until just prior to June 7 when Summer School begins. All students enrolled in one of these online courses must complete the CP 2.0 Student Orientation Course in Buzz or else their online course will not show up in Buzz on June 7. New assignments and modules have been added to the CP 2.0 Student Orientation Course so please check the detailed grade screen rather than the course grade to confirm full completion. Please see the CPHS website for full details. If you or your student has questions about our online classes or the orientation course, please contact Mr. Jeremy Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Yearbook distribution will be on Friday, August 6th, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the CPHS bus lot. Please contact Lisa Keene at email@example.com if you have questions about yearbooks or to ensure you reserved a book.
- Here is a list of administrative contacts for you to reference.
Associate Principal/Director of Guidance
Asst. Principal - Student alpha A-Ei
Dean of Students - Student alpha El-K
Dean of Students - Student alpha L-Ri
Asst. Principal - Student alpha Ro-Z
Thank you once again for all that you did for CPHS in 2020-21. Have a great summer, and Go Bulldogs!
Crown Point Community School Corporation