In Guidance Office News….
Semester Exams – Students will wrap-up the school year with final exams tomorrow and Wednesday. The final exam schedule is posted on the school website and also linked to the email that accompanies this voice recording.
Senior Graduation News
- Graduation Ceremony – Seniors participating in the graduation ceremony on Thursday night will begin entering the stadium at 5:50 p.m. Ticket holders can enter the stadium between 4:15 – 5:15 p.m. After 5:20, tickets are not required for admission to the stadium. In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved inside to the gymnasium. Due to space constraints, only ticket holders will be admitted to the gymnasium if the ceremony is moved inside. Please bring printed tickets with you. The ceremony will also be live-streamed in the auditorium for guests that prefer a climate controlled environment. Tickets are not required to view the ceremony in the auditorium.
- Diploma Pick-up & Gown Return – Seniors will pick-up diplomas and return graduation gowns on Friday, June 7th from 12:00-2:00p.m. in the cafeteria. Seniors will not return graduation caps and must have completed 40-hours of community service to receive their diploma.
- Final Transcripts – Seniors planning to enroll in college next year are likely to have their college or university request that a ‘final transcript’ is sent to the admissions office. A final transcript is proof of graduation that confirms the graduation date, diploma type, and grade point average after the final semester of high school. Final transcripts will be available on Monday, June 17th. Students that already know where they are attending next year can make their final transcript request now. Instructions for requesting the final transcript are attached to the email that accompanies this voice recording.
- Registration – Summer school will begin next Monday, June 10th. Please have your son or daughter log-in to their RDS Student Access account to confirm their enrollment in the desired summer school course(s). Students will be able to view their summer course(s) at the bottom of the Schedule tab/page. Please contact your student’s guidance counselor this week with any questions regarding summer school.
- Fees – Parents may view summer school fees in RDS Parent Access. Payments can be made online in RDS Parent Access through June 18th. Checks or money orders can also be mailed to Summer School Fees, Crown Point High School, 1500 South Main Street, Crown Point, IN, 46307.
- Online Courses – CPHS is offering three online courses during summer school: health, government, and economics. Those courses are available for all students who will be in grades 10-12 during the 2019-20 school year. Enrolled students who have not already completed a CPHS fully online course must attend a mandatory student orientation meeting and complete an online Orientation Course. The last student orientation meeting is this Wednesday during Resource Period. Please see the CPHS website for full details.
Crown Point Community School Corporation