Class of 2020 Senior Panoramic Picture:
The Class of 2020 Senior Panoramic picture will be taken this Wednesday, September 18th. The photo will be online after that date. Once it is uploaded, you can use this link to order a photo.
Parent Ambassadors: This Friday, September 20th we will have our first Parent Ambassador Meeting of the 2019-2020 school year. The meeting will be held in the SGI at 11:00 am. If you are a CPHS parent and are interested in attending and being notified of future meetings, please email Karen Rodd email@example.com.
Student Half Day: A reminder that Tuesday, September 24th will be a half day for students.
Homecoming 2019: CPHS Homecoming will be on Friday, October 4th. Below are details of the week’s events:
- Sunday, September 29th – Class hallway decoration (supervised by class sponsors)
- Monday, September 30th – CPHS Powder Puff
- 6 p.m. – Freshmen vs. Sophomores
- 7 p.m. – Juniors vs. Seniors
- Friday, October 4th
- CPHS pep session
- 5 p.m. - CPHS Homecoming Parade (starts at Taft MS)
- 7 p.m. - CPHS football game vs. LaPorte
- Saturday, October 5th
- 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. - Homecoming Dance in CPHS fieldhouse
- Theme: “Greatest Show on Earth”
- Dance tickets are $20 per person and will go on sale September 23rd. A link will be provided next week so that students can order tickets.
Homecoming Dance Guest Policy
- Grades 9, 10, and 11 must attend this dance with a date from CPHS (they can also come with friends, by themselves, etc.).
- Grade 12 students may bring a guest from another high school.
- All persons attending this dance must be a high school student (no college guests or high school grads). Seniors may bring a guest, but it must be from another high school (we will need to see ID or confirm they are currently in high school.)
- This is a well-attended dance and many of our freshmen (most who are still 14) will be present. It is reasonable for our freshmen parents to assume that there will not be college-age attendees (19 and 20 years old). Their first experience should be a true “high school” dance.
- We have two other formal dances that we open up for guests who are high school graduates (turnabout and prom). For those dances, students are able to bring guests who are high school graduates (under 21 years of age).
Safety and Security: Please see the new link below and inform your student about the dangers of vaping. We will continue to talk to our students and provide education on this issue through our Resource Period programming and counseling office. If you need assistance or support, please contact your student’s guidance counselor.
Crown Point High School Twitter: Crown Point High School will provide information and announcements on the CPHS Twitter page. If you would like, you can follow at @school_crown or search Twitter for Crown Point High School to find the page.
The Indiana State Department of Health requires that all students entering 12th grade receive a 2nd meningitis vaccination and Hepatitis A vaccination. The Hepatitis A vaccination is a 2 part series occurring 6 months apart. The vaccinations must be documented and on file in the school nurses office. Students and/or parents will need to provide the nurse’s office with written verification from a health provider or health department documenting the date of the meningitis and Hepatitis A vaccination. Students that have not turned in information will be excluded from school beginning this Wednesday, September 18th until the documentation is received. Please don’t hesitate to call or email our full-time nurses, Carisa Oman firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Cori Sabotnik email@example.com with any questions.
Please send updated immunization records to:
CPHS Nurses Office
1500 S. Main Street
Crown Point, IN 46307
Student Update: Our students are doing a great job. They continue to impress us with their work in and out of the classroom. Most impressive are the manners they display in school when talking to our staff members. We will keep encouraging them to strive with their academics and create positive memories during their high school experience.
We appreciate all that you do. Please don’t hesitate to email, call, or make an appointment to see us with any questions. Go Bulldogs!
Crown Point Community School Corporation