Crown Point High School - Class of 2019 Graduation Information
Graduation Ceremony- Thursday, June 6, 2019 at 6:00 p.m
Crown Point High School Stadium
- In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved to the CPHS Gymnasium and only ticket holders will be allowed entrance.
- Ticket holders can enter gate at 4:15 p.m.
- General admission without ticket 5:20 p.m.
- Processional at 5:50 p.m.
- Handicap parking is located in the lot south of the stadium.
- Handicap seating will be available in in the stadium.
- A live stream of the ceremony will be provided in the auditorium (climate controlled and chair back seating) for anyone that does not want to view the ceremony in the stadium.
Tickets – Tickets will go on sale Saturday, April 27th at 8:00 a.m.
- The cost is $5.00 per ticket and can be purchased online.
- There will also be a ticket link on the home page of the school website.
- A CPHS student I.D. number is required to purchase tickets online.
- Use student 7 digit ID# NO letters ex. 8001234
- Tickets will not be sold at the school.
- Graduating seniors do not need a ticket.
- Seniors who have met all financial and academic obligations can purchase between 1-4 tickets.
- Tickets must be printed and presented for entry into the stadium between 4:45-5:20 p.m.
- Any leftover tickets will be available for purchase in after May 20th.
Cap and Gown Distribution – Seniors will pick-up caps and gowns on May 9th & 10th in the SGI during all lunch periods. Seniors keep their caps, but gowns will be returned on the day after the graduation ceremony.
Participation in Graduation Ceremony – Seniors must have a minimum of 38 credits to participate in the graduation ceremony. Contact your student’s guidance counselor at 663-4885 x 11028, with questions about credit status.
Practice – Seniors will ‘walk through’ the graduation ceremony on Thursday, June 6th in the CPHS stadium.
Seniors should arrive by 10:30 a.m. and assemble in the CPHS Fieldhouse.
Practice begins at 11:00 a.m.
At practice, seniors will receive a card that has their name and seating assignment. Seniors will hand this card to the person reading their name as they cross the stage during the graduation ceremony. Seniors may want to make any changes to their name (on the card) so it is read exactly as they intend.
Seniors will need to bring their card with them to the graduation ceremony.
Dress for practice is casual.
- Ceremony – Seniors should arrive in the CPHS Fieldhouse at 4:30 p.m. dressed in their cap and gown. If driving to ceremony, seniors should park in the Southeast lot by the tennis courts or in the bus lot on the Northeast side of the building. Students can also be dropped off in the circle drive at the main entrance to CPHS.
- No purses, cameras, cell phones, etc.
- Dress guidelines
- Alterations (flowers, buttons, badges, ribbons, etc.) to caps and gowns are NOT allowed.
- Boys – dress shirt with collar (white preferred), dress pants, dress shoes, and tie.
- Girls – appropriate length dresses, skirts, slacks, and blouses. Outfits should not show below the hem of the gown. Dress shoes that allow for comfort when walking across the stage and up/down stairs.
Diploma Pickup and Gown Return – Seniors will pick-up diplomas and return gowns on Friday, June 7th from 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. in the CPHS SGI. Seniors will need to bring a photo ID. Gowns must be returned to receive a diploma. In addition, seniors must have their community service requirement (40 hours) completed to receive their diploma. Failure to return the gown on June 7th will result in separate shipping and handling fees being assigned due to returning the gown individually. Gowns that are not returned will be billed by Herff-Jones for the full price of the gown.
Seniors not participating in the graduation ceremony - Please notify Karen Rodd by May 6th at 663-4885 x. 11003 or firstname.lastname@example.org.