Dear CPHS, Taft Middle School, Colonel Wheeler Middle School Families,
In the upcoming weeks, students will receive their annual student ID cards. Indiana legislation has changed the information that schools are required to include on those cards.
House Enrolled Act 1468 (2021) states that all public schools issuing student ID cards to students in grades 6-12 must include a hotline and text information for suicide prevention, crisis, human trafficking, teen dating violence, and sexual assault. Again, this applies to only students in grades 6-12.
The Indiana Department of Education provided recommendations for phone numbers based on a report from the Indiana Criminal Justice Institute. The information below is what students will see on the back of their new IDs.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 9-8-8
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: 1-888-373-7888
- Teen Dating Violence/Domestic Violence: 1-800-799-7233
- National Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-800-656-4673
- Suicide Prevention: “Start” to 678678
- Crisis Text Line: “IN” to 741741
- National Human Trafficking Hotline: 233733
- Domestic Violence: “Start” to 88788 (National Domestic Violence Hotline)
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline: “Loveis” to 22522
- Sexual Assault: “Home” to 741741
Please reach out to our administrative team if you have any questions about this information.