CPHS Varsity Club Initiative
Purpose: To include participation in clubs, co-curricular activities, and the achievement of academic honors as ways to earn a CPHS letter and red lettermen’s jacket.
Requirements: For a student to become eligible they must earn a minimum of 21 C-Notes. C-Notes will be awarded by club sponsors, extra/co-curricular coaches/sponsors. Students may also earn C-Notes by making the academic honor roll, having perfect attendance, and fulfilling their yearly community service obligation. In addition, students may earn a varsity letter for being a participating member of a competing academic team and/or qualifying performing arts event.
· Clubs – Students must be active participants in their clubs. This will be determined by the club sponsor.
· Academic Teams – Determined by Coach or Sponsor
· Academic Achievement/Perfect Attendance – Awarded by semester grading period
· Co-curricular Activities – One C-Note per year
· Performing Arts – Determined by Director (Band, Choir, Orchestra and/or Drama)
Process: Students who have earned 21 C-Notes or a recommendation for a letter from their Academic Team Coach/Sponsor or Performing Arts Director need to follow these directions:
· Present 21 C-Notes earned documentation or Academic Team Coach/Performing Arts Director recommendation to Mrs. Banser in the Assistant Principals' Office.
· Once your documentation is confirmed, Mr. Bauters will sign and give you the form to purchase your lettermen’s jacket.
· Take that signed form to the Assistant Principals' Office and pay $37.30 (Boys) or $35.30 (Girls) to join the Varsity Club as outlined below:$30.00 Varsity Club joining dues5.85 BOYS Varsity Letter
$37.30$30.00 Varsity Club joining dues
3.85 GIRLS Varsity Letter1.45 Chevron$35.30
Your form will then be signed and validated by Mrs. Banser in the Assistant Principals' Office.
· Take the completed confirmation form to Easton’s in Hobart to purchase your jacket. Please note: any additional patches including arm numerals and sewing fees are additional and payable directly to Easton’s.