WHAT YOUR CHILD DOES IN MUSIC CLASS:
· Creates music through singing, playing instruments and movement
Sings a variety of folk songs
· Listens to all styles of music and an introduction to different genres:
folk music, classical, jazz, symphony, popular/radio, opera, rock n roll, etc.
· Moves to music through expressive movement/dances
· Plays musical learning games & instruments:
such as rhythm instruments and drums, boomwhackers, xylophones, and recorders in 4th/5th grade
· Gains understanding of elements of music:
rhythm, melody, harmony, form, dynamics, tempo, sounds of instruments/voices, and experiences music of other cultures
Has FUN in music class!