United States History
Grade Level: 8th Grade
Teacher: Mr. Bunda
School Year: 2019-2020
Text: McDougal Little Creating America: A History of the United States/ Crown Point "Buzz" Program.
Course Description and Objective: United States History is a course designed to explore the various eras, people, and events that have shaped America. The course will cover the start of American societies and continue through the Civil War.
1. Understand that people of the United States have responded to the forces of change in different ways, partly because of their historical background.
2. How American History relates to you and your life.
3. Be aware of the differences of other eras.
4. Understand how geography has influenced American History.
5. Develop critical thinking skillsEvaluation Methods:1. Quizzes2. Chapter Tests3. Unit Tests4. Map Tests5. Class Assignments6. Projects7. Group Activities8. General Homework
Attendance/Class Participation: Usually poor attendance is equated with a low grade. I you have a borderline grade for the class, attendance and class participation will be taken into account.
Homework: I you miss a class period, it is your responsibility to find out what work needs to be made up!!!
A= 100-90 B= 89-80 C= 79-70 D= 69-60 F= 59-0