In Guidance Office News….
Summer School – Summer school registration is underway in RDS Parent Access at the View Course Requests link. A copy of the summer school brochure is attached to the email that accompanies this voice recording and can also be found on the school website. Summer school registration will close on Friday, May 24th. If you have already registered your son or daughter for summer school, please log back in to RDS Parent Access to confirm that the courses you requested still appear and that you clicked the ‘Submit Requests to Counselor’ button at the bottom of the screen. Please direct questions about summer school offerings to your son or daughter’s guidance counselor.
Online Courses – CPHS is offering three online courses during Summer School: health, government, and economics. Those courses are available for all students who will be in grades 10-12 during the 2019-20 school year. Enrolled students who have not already completed a CPHS fully online course must attend a mandatory student orientation meeting and complete an online Orientation Course. Three meeting options are available. The 1st option is this Wednesday during Resource Period. Please see the CPHS website for full details.
Resource Period Topics for the week of May 20th
Grades 9-12 – Collecting student feedback
Senior Graduation News
- All seniors must have 40 hours of community service completed by the time of graduation. Community service hour documentation must be submitted by Tuesday, May 28th in the Main Office.
- Graduation tickets are on sale
- Information is posted on the CPHS website
- Seniors planning to enroll in college next year are likely to have their college or university request that a ‘final transcript’ is sent to the admissions office. A final transcript is proof of graduation that confirms the graduation date, diploma type, and grade point average after the final semester of high school. Final transcripts will be available on Monday, June 17th. Students that already know where they are attending next year can make their final transcript request now. Instructions for requesting the final transcript are attached to the email that accompanies this voice recording.
In Performing Arts News…
Band – The All-City Band Concert is tonight @ 6:00 p.m. in the gymnasium. Tickets can be purchased at the door.
Orchestra – The All-City Orchestra concerts will be held on Thursday, May 23rd @ 6:00 & 7:30 p.m. in the auditorium. Tickets can be purchased using the link in the email that accompanies this voice recording.
- All-City Orchestra Concert Ticket Order
That concludes the announcements for the week. Please remember that we will not be in school next Monday due to the Memorial Day holiday. Thanks for listening and Go Dogs!