Greetings from Crown Point High School! Our first day of school is Tuesday, August 20th. Here are some Monday reminders for you and your family.
- All freshmen students who would like a second chance to tour the high school may attend a walk-through tour on Monday August 19th. Mr. Bauters the freshman principal will personally walk students through the building and answer any questions. Students are asked to arrive promptly at 3:00pm and meet in the high school cafeteria. This will not be a personalized tour, but rather a general walk- through of the building. Please plan on picking up your student at 4:00pm. For more information, parents may call Mr. Bauters at (219) 663-4885 Extension 11016 or reach him through email at email@example.com
- Due to the construction project from Hemlock eastbound to Indiana Avenue on Burrell Street, there will be some adjustments to our morning and afternoon traffic patterns. Crown Point High School is working with the Crown Point Police Department to ensure the safety of our students and parents while we are faced with this challenge. We will have four officers stationed on or around campus to direct traffic. As a result of the Burrell closure between Indiana and Hemlock, you will be limited in your arrival/departure to and from CPHS. Students and families will enter the campus via 129th or Main Street. Due to this limited entry, we anticipate a heavier traffic flow in those areas. One note is that the bus lot will be open for drop-off and pick-up once buses are released. Please be patient and follow the directions of our police officers as they work to create a safe environment for our students and families.
- Safety Tips from the CPPD
- Give yourself and your students extra time or leave a little earlier than normal.
- Carpool or take the bus.
- Follow police directives and drive carefully.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding. The safety of our students is our top priority so please exercise caution as you enter and exit our campus.
Our first student day is Tuesday, August 20th. All students will report to their Homeroom (Resource Period) upon arrival to school where they will be welcomed and receive information to help them get the year started. The day one schedule and our daily master schedule are attached to this email. We will follow a traditional, 7-period day, schedule for the first five days of school. Our first block day will be Tuesday, August 27th. Please remember to print your student schedule tonight.
- Please see below the student-counselor pairings for 2019-2020:
- A-Colby Ami Marcinek firstname.lastname@example.org ex. 11071
- Cole-Grady Kim Swan email@example.com ex. 11069
- Grafton-K Michelle Bruss firstname.lastname@example.org ex. 11068
- L-Papp Lauren Sandor email@example.com ex. 11066
- Par-Spe Jason Quigg firstname.lastname@example.org ex. 11065
- Spi-Z Amber Sokol email@example.com ex. 11067
Safety and Security: Please read the attached article and talk to your students about the dangers of vaping. We will continue to talk to our students and provide education on this issue through our Resource Period programming and counseling office. If you need assistance or support, please contact your student’s guidance counselor. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/teens-hospitalized-for-lung-damage-after-vaping-e-cigarettes-juul-health-risks/
Parking Passes: Student drivers may pick up parking passes in the CPHS Attendance Office. CPHS staff will be available before and after school to provide students their parking passes. In order to receive a pass, students must bring their driver’s license, car registration, and proof of insurance. There is no charge for the pass. All students who park in the CPHS lot must have a parking pass.
Bus Information: Parents are able to view drop-off and pick-up locations in RDS Parent Access. Students who registered after Wednesday, August 7th, will not receive bus service until August 26th.
Open House: Join the CPHS faculty and administration for Open House on Wednesday, September 4th from 6:00-8:00pm. Parents are invited to come to CPHS and follow their son or daughter’s schedule (10-minute class periods) while meeting teachers and learning more about the expectations in each class.
Cafeteria News: Student meal prices for the year have been set at $1.60 for breakfast and $2.75 for lunch. Applications for Free or Reduced Lunch are on the corporation website.
Immunizations: The Indiana State Department of Health requires that all students entering 12th grade receive a 2nd meningitis vaccination and Hepatitis A vaccination. The vaccinations must be documented and on file in the school nurses office unless the 1st vaccination occurred on or after the student’s 16th birthday. Students and/or parents will need to provide the nurse’s office with written verification from a health provider or health department documenting the date of the meningitis and Hepatitis A vaccinations prior to the first day of school in 2019-20. We hope in getting this messaging out in advance that you’ll have time to make necessary arrangements in the event your student requires an updated vaccination. Please don’t hesitate to call or email our full-time nurses, Carisa Oman firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Cori Sabotnik email@example.com with any questions.
Please send updated immunization records to:
CPHS Nurses Office
1500 S. Main Street
Crown Point, IN 46307
We look forward to seeing your son or daughter here at CPHS on August 20th for the 1st day of school. Please don’t hesitate to email, call, or make an appointment to see us with any questions.
Crown Point Community School Corporation