Reading Comprehension Strategies
· Great compilation of adolescent reading comprehension strategies found under “Classroom Strategies”
· Another website with printables that can be used for any subject: "Reading Quest.org"
· An excellent resource with both printables (under “Classroom Resources”) as well as online interactives with reading comprehension strategies/games: "Read, Write Think" Resources
· A savvy teacher’s manual with techniques to promote error correction, reading fluency, and text comprehension:
· Lots of reading strategies and lessons for high school: More "Read, Write, Think" and Teacher Printouts
· Seven strategies to teach students text comprehension with printouts
· Links to different printables of graphic organizers based on category.
· Lots of articles, strategies, etc. on reading comprehension.
· Reading comprehension worksheet that delineates to students what good reading comprehension means.
· Comprehension strategies broken down by type with a list of books to investigate at the bottom of the page.
· Pre-reading strategies and others.
· The NY Times website with article ideas and ways to used them in teaching
· An article on the Big 7 reading comprehension strategies.
· Popular reading comprehension strategies.
· Tons of additional reading comprehension strategies.
· List of reading strategies by content.
· Resources on reading from Dartmouth, including Six Myths.
· Article on collaborative reading strategies.
· A compilation of multiple reading strategies for comprehension with examples given for reading in the content areas.